TV ADVERTISING COSTS LESS THAN YOU THINK
Getting a TV advertising campaign started doesn’t cost a lot of money if you have an effective TV commercial.
But you do need a credible and effective TV ad specifically designed to generate sales. And you need to test enough TV channels and time-zones to ensure you find and identify those media spots which will deliver profitable sales on a long-term basis.
An all-up investment of around $10,000 should be enough to create and produce a credible TV commercial and to deliver the right number of TV spots to kick-start a profitable TV-advertising-driven sales channel. One that pays for its own growth and delivers ongoing, profitable sales.
The following three questions will help you run a successful TV advertising campaign for your product or service:
1. IS YOUR PRODUCT RIGHT FOR TV ADVERTISING?
- TV is suitable for most products, but not all
- The more universally appealing your product is, the cheaper it will be to reach your target market via TV advertising
- Conversely, the more ‘niche’ your product is, the fewer potential customers there are in the average TV audience, and therefore, the more expensive it is to reach a niche target market
NOTE: There are a few exceptions to point 3 above. We can reach some niche target markets very cheaply: For one advertiser, we’ve worked out how to use TV to reach Mandarin speakers at $10 per thousand. Contact us to match your product with the right TV target audience at the lowest cost per thousand.
2. DO YOU HAVE THE RIGHT KIND OF TV COMMERCIAL?
- Should you run a brand, product, or Direct Response TV ad? If you run the wrong kind of TV commercial, it won’t turn cold viewers into hot sales
- Is your ad credible and persuasive? If your commercial isn’t trustworthy, it will eat your media budget without producing sales
- Making a credible, persuasive and trustworthy TV commercial takes skill and knowledge.
3. ARE YOU TESTING ENOUGH OF THE RIGHT KIND OF TV MEDIA?
- People will respond after seeing a 60 sec. Direct Response ad just once
- People generally need to see 15 or 30 sec. Brand Awareness ads four or more times before they respond
- A Direct Response media test campaign will therefore focus on reach not repetition.
- A Brand Awareness media test campaign will focus on frequency
“RESPONSE 6 X HIGHER THAN ANTICIPATED.”
“Response to the national TV campaign is over six times higher than we anticipated. We are experiencing a massive number of hits and our website is going into meltdown.” Steve Delnawaz, CEO, Stubby Strip Australia
“STUNNING RESULTS!” HARPER COLLINS
“TV: LOWER COST PER SALE THAN EBAY!”
“VISITOR NIGHTS UP 28%.” BMT LTD
A 12 week, non-prime-time TV campaign increased domestic visitors by 22.1% and nights stayed by 28.4%, while competitor regions experienced significant downturns. Rita Fisher, President, Blue Mountains Tourism Limited
For a low-cost introduction to TV advertising that will grow your business, call Billy on 0412 777 175 or drop us a line via our contact page.
See how we built a self-funding, TV-advertising-driven, multi-million-dollar sales channel for an online retail company for a media investment of $700.
Because our experience is measured in hundreds of TV campaigns, we know which buttons to press to make people respond. Because we analyse the results of what we do, and have worked with hundreds of different kinds of businesses, we know what works and what doesn’t.
- Aussie BronzeSacha Roberts,CEO, Aussie Bronze
The video looks and sounds fabulous! Thanks again to you and Shaun for all your hard work. Can't wait to share it ...
- Possibilities Management GroupJonathan Oastler,Managing Director, Possibilities Management Group
The TV commercial looks absolutely fantastic, couldn’t be happier. The Instructional video also looks fantastic. The voice was spot on. Thanks so much for all your effort.
- Community Colleges AustraliaDavid Hurley,Manager - Business Development, SG&S Community College
Wow! I found the video to be inspiring, the stories just blending so well together and picking up so many key decision-making triggers. Well done to you and your team.
- Stubby Strip AustraliaSteve Delnawaz,CEO, Stubby Strip Australia
Response to the national TV campaign is over 6 times higher than we anticipated. We are experiencing a massive number of hits and our website is going into meltdown. Thanks guys!
- Sterling Mining Co.Monique Hayes,Marketing Manager, Sterling Mining Co.
Love, love, love the film! I passed copies out generously when I was in Toronto last week for broker meetings and at the Chicago conference the week before and I've been getting a lot of very favorable feedback.
- YPB SystemsJohn Houston,Executive Chairman, YPB Systems
We are delighted with the product and your service, and your co-ordination of the Chinese translation for us. We've had a tremendously positive response to the video in London, Beijing and Australia.
- DematicPeter Trotter,General Manager Marketing, Dematic
Billy and the team have an amazing way of exceeding my expectations. They really understand consumer, direct, industrial and B2B marketing. It’s what I need in an agency.
- Goldsearch AustraliaJohn Percival,Chief Executive Officer, Goldsearch Australia
On the day Billy & Shaun's corporate film for Sterling Mining Co. was premiered at this year’s Silver Summit, the share price jumped from a previous base of $3.35 to over $4.20.
- Harper CollinsJim Demetriou,Chief Operating Officer, Harper Collins
Their creative ideas matched our brief beautifully and the results were stunning. Our author experienced a threefold sales increase and is now one of the top ten Australian fiction authors.