People often talk to us about running an online or TV ad campaign for their product or service. And the first thing some of them want to tell us is WHO they want as a presenter for their ads. This is a bit disconcerting because it’s putting the cart way before the horse. It’s much more vital to first know who we’re talking to, rather than who’s doing the talking.
Posted by billy in CORPORATE VIDEOS / MARKETING / ONLINE VIDEOS / PRODUCTION / VIDEO PRODUCTION
Over the last few years, the cost of producing videos, TV ads, and video ads for social media has changed massively. Now, video production is cheaper and more cost-effective than it’s ever been. For example, in 2004, the cost to shoot stabilised aerial footage with a helicopter and Cineflex camera system was $2,800 an hour. Now, we just send up a drone.
Posted by billy in MARKETING
Small businesses and B2B businesses have to be strategic and grow outwards in response to customer interactions. You need a constantly evolving marketing strategy fed by information from your customers. Customer interactions are all about learning. They say – ‘I saw your ad on Facebook.’ Then that’s a learning. If they say – ‘I dunno where I saw your ad.’ That’s an opportunity.
Posted by billy in VIDEO PRODUCTION
Every brand travels through three stages to become mainstream. The first is the recruitment stage, when you are acquiring new, first-time customers. Before you can persuade people to try your product, you have to introduce it to them, and tell them why they should try it; what its benefits are, and what it can do for them.
Posted by billy in OTHER STUFF / PRODUCTION / VIDEO PRODUCTION
I use a Nikon D5300 for shooting stills & video of locations, setups, rough concepts, storyboards, happy snaps, etc. It’s small and light, and it delivers the highest quality video image of any APS-C camera. But because it’s a DSLR, not a dedicated video camera, it takes a little more concentration to shoot video.
Posted by billy in MARKETING / TV ADVERTISING / TV MEDIA
- Why Does Advertising Make People Think Backwards?
- How Much Does A Video Cost?
- Being small means being strategic
- Three stages of brand evolution
- How to set up your Nikon DSLR to shoot video
- Why you shouldn’t buy Run Of Station media
- Marketing Is The Price You Pay For Being Unremarkable
- How To Shoot A Great Testimonial Video With Your Phone
- How Much Does A TV Commercial Cost? – Part Two
- How Much Does A TV Commercial Cost? – Part One
- HOW BRANDS WORK – part two.
- HOW BRANDS WORK – part one.
- Aussie BronzeSacha Roberts,CEO, Aussie Bronze
The video looks and sounds fabulous! Thanks again to you and Shaun for all your hard work. Can't wait to share it ...
- Possibilities Management GroupJonathan Oastler,Managing Director, Possibilities Management Group
The TV commercial looks absolutely fantastic, couldn’t be happier. The Instructional video also looks fantastic. The voice was spot on. Thanks so much for all your effort.
- Community Colleges AustraliaDavid Hurley,Manager - Business Development, SG&S Community College
Wow! I found the video to be inspiring, the stories just blending so well together and picking up so many key decision-making triggers. Well done to you and your team.
- Stubby Strip AustraliaSteve Delnawaz,CEO, Stubby Strip Australia
Response to the national TV campaign is over 6 times higher than we anticipated. We are experiencing a massive number of hits and our website is going into meltdown. Thanks guys!
- Sterling Mining Co.Monique Hayes,Marketing Manager, Sterling Mining Co.
Love, love, love the film! I passed copies out generously when I was in Toronto last week for broker meetings and at the Chicago conference the week before and I've been getting a lot of very favorable feedback.
- YPB SystemsJohn Houston,Executive Chairman, YPB Systems
We are delighted with the product and your service, and your co-ordination of the Chinese translation for us. We've had a tremendously positive response to the video in London, Beijing and Australia.
- DematicPeter Trotter,General Manager Marketing, Dematic
Billy and the team have an amazing way of exceeding my expectations. They really understand consumer, direct, industrial and B2B marketing. It’s what I need in an agency.
- Goldsearch AustraliaJohn Percival,Chief Executive Officer, Goldsearch Australia
On the day Billy & Shaun's corporate film for Sterling Mining Co. was premiered at this year’s Silver Summit, the share price jumped from a previous base of $3.35 to over $4.20.
- Harper CollinsJim Demetriou,Chief Operating Officer, Harper Collins
Their creative ideas matched our brief beautifully and the results were stunning. Our author experienced a threefold sales increase and is now one of the top ten Australian fiction authors.