Over the last few years, the cost of producing videos, TV ads, and video ads for social media has changed massively. Now, video production is cheaper and more cost-effective than it’s ever been. For example, in 2004, the cost to shoot stabilised aerial footage with a helicopter and Cineflex camera system was $2,800 an hour. Now, we just send up a drone.
Posted by billy in MARKETING
Small businesses and B2B businesses have to be strategic and grow outwards in response to customer interactions. You need a constantly evolving marketing strategy fed by information from your customers. Customer interactions are all about learning. They say – ‘I saw your ad on Facebook.’ Then that’s a learning. If they say – ‘I dunno where I saw your ad.’ That’s an opportunity.
Posted by billy in MARKETING / TV ADVERTISING / TV MEDIA Posted by BillyW in MARKETING Posted by BillyW in MARKETING / ONLINE VIDEOS / PRODUCTION / VIDEO PRODUCTION Posted by BillyW in MARKETING / PRODUCTION / TV ADVERTISING / TV COMMERCIALS
In Part One, How Much Does A TV Commercial Cost? We covered why TV commercials can seem to be expensive, gave real-life cost examples, and showed which elements drive the cost of production up. In Part Two, How Much Should You Spend On A TV Commercial? we discuss the four major budgeting methods you can use to determine how much you should spend on your TV commercial.
Posted by BillyW in MARKETING / TV ADVERTISING / TV COMMERCIALS / VIDEO PRODUCTION
How much does a TV commercial cost? This is the most frequent and the most difficult question we are asked. The short answer is between $2,000 and $2 million. We’re not being flippant. Every TV commercial has to be different from every other so that it stands out on TV. This means every commercial has a different script, different ingredients, and therefore, a totally different set of costs.
Posted by BillyW in MARKETING
In Part 1 we discovered two significant truths. BRANDING IS THE RELATIONSHIP A CONSUMER HAS WITH YOUR PRODUCT OR SERVICE. Branding isn’t a look and feel, a style, a colour, a typeface, or a set of attributes. A brand comprises the sum of the feelings a consumer has about his or her lifetime of interaction with your product, service and/or organisation. THEREFORE BRANDS ARE CREATED NOT BY MARKETERS, BUT BY CONSUMERS.
Posted by BillyW in MARKETING / OTHER STUFF
As a 17 year old copywriter, I was given the opportunity to learn brand strategy and positioning in what was, perhaps, the greatest brand management university that has ever existed. Unfortunately, that opportunity will never be offered to anyone, ever again. Because, due to social pressure, the university is closed for good.
- Why Does Advertising Make People Think Backwards?
- How Much Does A Video Cost?
- Being small means being strategic
- Three stages of brand evolution
- How to set up your Nikon DSLR to shoot video
- Why you shouldn’t buy Run Of Station media
- Marketing Is The Price You Pay For Being Unremarkable
- How To Shoot A Great Testimonial Video With Your Phone
- How Much Does A TV Commercial Cost? – Part Two
- How Much Does A TV Commercial Cost? – Part One
- HOW BRANDS WORK – part two
- HOW BRANDS WORK – part one
- Aussie BronzeSacha Roberts,CEO, Aussie Bronze
The video looks and sounds fabulous! Thanks again for all your hard work. Can't wait to share it ...
- Possibilities Management GroupJonathan Oastler,Managing Director, Possibilities Management Group
The TV commercial looks absolutely fantastic, couldn’t be happier. The Instructional video also looks fantastic. The voice was spot on. Thanks so much for all your effort.
- Community Colleges AustraliaDavid Hurley,Manager - Business Development, SG&S Community College
Wow! I found the video to be inspiring, the stories just blending so well together and picking up so many key decision-making triggers. Well done to you and your team.
- Stubby Strip AustraliaSteve Delnawaz,CEO, Stubby Strip Australia
Response to the national TV campaign is over 6 times higher than we anticipated. We are experiencing a massive number of hits and our website is going into meltdown. Thanks guys!
- Sterling Mining Co.Monique Hayes,Marketing Manager, Sterling Mining Co.
Love, love, love the film! I passed copies out generously when I was in Toronto last week for broker meetings and at the Chicago conference the week before and I've been getting a lot of very favorable feedback.
- YPB SystemsJohn Houston,Executive Chairman, YPB Systems
We are delighted with the product and your service, and your co-ordination of the Chinese translation for us. We've had a tremendously positive response to the video in London, Beijing and Australia.
- DematicPeter Trotter,General Manager Marketing, Dematic
Billy and the team have an amazing way of exceeding my expectations. They really understand consumer, direct, industrial and B2B marketing. It’s what I need in an agency.
- Goldsearch AustraliaJohn Percival,Chief Executive Officer, Goldsearch Australia
On the day Billy & Shaun's corporate film for Sterling Mining Co. was premiered at this year’s Silver Summit, the share price jumped from a previous base of $3.35 to over $4.20.
- Harper CollinsJim Demetriou,Chief Operating Officer, Harper Collins
Their creative ideas matched our brief beautifully and the results were stunning. Our author experienced a threefold sales increase and is now one of the top ten Australian fiction authors.