While you’d expect brand, retail and direct response commercials to be different, it might surprise you to know how vastly different the media footprints must be for each type of campaign to do its job cost-effectively. With brand or retail campaigns, a narrower schedule with more frequency will return more sales than a campaign that tries to reach your total market with less frequency. With Direct Response, the opposite applies. You don’t […]
Posted by BillyW in TV ADVERTISING
Smaller advertisers can’t afford to replicate the strategy of big advertisers. Instead, they have to be careful and use their budget judiciously. For example, prime-time TV is popular with big advertisers. It’s great for national brands that need to get a message out to their whole market simultaneously, for a national product launch or a sale, for example. But prime-time media has a number of disadvantages that will bite small and medium-size […]
Posted by BillyW in MARKETING / TV ADVERTISING
As the other players in your market segment become proficient at online marketing, the fight for market share becomes tighter. And it’s increasingly hard to put distance between yourself and your competition. So instead of trying to outbid your competitors for online customers, wouldn’t it be better to step outside that arena and reach a vast, new, untapped market? TV gives you access to the millions of potential customers who you (and […]
Posted by BillyW in TV ADVERTISING
As in most consumption-based systems, Pareto’s Law applies to media as well. While you can probably reach 60-70% of your target market cost-effectively, after that, the cost per additional percentage point climbs astronomically. And reaching the last 10% of your market can consume 90% of your budget. Over the years, working with clients who have smaller TV budgets, we have observed that by aiming at a smaller percentage of the total target […]
- Why Does Advertising Make People Think Backwards?
- How Much Does A Video Cost?
- Being small means being strategic
- Three stages of brand evolution
- How to set up your Nikon DSLR to shoot video
- Why you shouldn’t buy Run Of Station media
- Marketing Is The Price You Pay For Being Unremarkable
- How To Shoot A Great Testimonial Video With Your Phone
- How Much Does A TV Commercial Cost? – Part Two
- How Much Does A TV Commercial Cost? – Part One
- HOW BRANDS WORK – part two
- HOW BRANDS WORK – part one
- Aussie BronzeSacha Roberts,CEO, Aussie Bronze
The video looks and sounds fabulous! Thanks again for all your hard work. Can't wait to share it ...
- Possibilities Management GroupJonathan Oastler,Managing Director, Possibilities Management Group
The TV commercial looks absolutely fantastic, couldn’t be happier. The Instructional video also looks fantastic. The voice was spot on. Thanks so much for all your effort.
- Community Colleges AustraliaDavid Hurley,Manager - Business Development, SG&S Community College
Wow! I found the video to be inspiring, the stories just blending so well together and picking up so many key decision-making triggers. Well done to you and your team.
- Stubby Strip AustraliaSteve Delnawaz,CEO, Stubby Strip Australia
Response to the national TV campaign is over 6 times higher than we anticipated. We are experiencing a massive number of hits and our website is going into meltdown. Thanks guys!
- Sterling Mining Co.Monique Hayes,Marketing Manager, Sterling Mining Co.
Love, love, love the film! I passed copies out generously when I was in Toronto last week for broker meetings and at the Chicago conference the week before and I've been getting a lot of very favorable feedback.
- YPB SystemsJohn Houston,Executive Chairman, YPB Systems
We are delighted with the product and your service, and your co-ordination of the Chinese translation for us. We've had a tremendously positive response to the video in London, Beijing and Australia.
- DematicPeter Trotter,General Manager Marketing, Dematic
Billy and the team have an amazing way of exceeding my expectations. They really understand consumer, direct, industrial and B2B marketing. It’s what I need in an agency.
- Goldsearch AustraliaJohn Percival,Chief Executive Officer, Goldsearch Australia
On the day Billy & Shaun's corporate film for Sterling Mining Co. was premiered at this year’s Silver Summit, the share price jumped from a previous base of $3.35 to over $4.20.
- Harper CollinsJim Demetriou,Chief Operating Officer, Harper Collins
Their creative ideas matched our brief beautifully and the results were stunning. Our author experienced a threefold sales increase and is now one of the top ten Australian fiction authors.