TV commercials uploaded for delivery to Australian television stations must meet these technical specifications:
Upper (top) field dominant. No mixed fields
SD Frame size: 720 x 576. HD Frame size: 1920 x 1080
Luminance scope: 0mV – 700mV +3%, 0% tolerance
Black level not to drop below blanking level 0mV luma
Chroma level not to exceed 100% (see OP29)
Ensure titles are within graphics safe area (see OP36)
Avoid macro-blocking, dup frames, high compression, motion jitter, aliasing, and mixed aspect ratios
Minimum bitrate: 15Mbps. Bitrate >25Mbps is recommended for best video quality
OP 48 settings:
Digital – permitted maximum level peak program meter (PPM) -9dBFS assuming peak levels are infrequent and less than 10ms
12 frames of complete silence at the head and tail within the duration of the TVC
OP 59 settings:
This is the latest amendment to Operational Practice 48 for the measurement and loudness of audio:
Audio loudness global standard (Normalised) -24 LKFS (Loudness, K-weighted, Full Scale)
Measurement by ITU BS 1770 – 2&3, (standardised by the International Telecommunications Union)
NOTES ON PIXEL ASPECT RATIO
For all 16:9 projects export frame size as 720 x 576 4:3 (non-square).
After export some CODEC types display an anamorphic or vertically-squeezed image.
SD stations require 4:3. The 4:3 aspect is stretched to 16:9 for broadcast.
SD 720 x 576 and HD 1920 x 1080: For correct pixel/display aspect ratio, ensure the aspect settings are based on the exported size. 100% of source. Default for size.
The video file should be accompanied by a clapper: A JPEG image – 720 x 576 for SD or 1920 x 1080 for HD. The clapper should contain the following information:
CAD No. (optional)
Compliance with OP 48 Audio Loudness.
- Why Does Advertising Make People Think Backwards?
- How Much Does A Video Cost?
- Being small means being strategic
- Three stages of brand evolution
- How to set up your Nikon DSLR to shoot video
- Why you shouldn’t buy Run Of Station media
- Marketing Is The Price You Pay For Being Unremarkable
- How To Shoot A Great Testimonial Video With Your Phone
- How Much Does A TV Commercial Cost? – Part Two
- How Much Does A TV Commercial Cost? – Part One
- HOW BRANDS WORK – part two.
- HOW BRANDS WORK – part one.
- Aussie BronzeSacha Roberts,CEO, Aussie Bronze
The video looks and sounds fabulous! Thanks again to you and Shaun for all your hard work. Can't wait to share it ...
- Possibilities Management GroupJonathan Oastler,Managing Director, Possibilities Management Group
The TV commercial looks absolutely fantastic, couldn’t be happier. The Instructional video also looks fantastic. The voice was spot on. Thanks so much for all your effort.
- Community Colleges AustraliaDavid Hurley,Manager - Business Development, SG&S Community College
Wow! I found the video to be inspiring, the stories just blending so well together and picking up so many key decision-making triggers. Well done to you and your team.
- Stubby Strip AustraliaSteve Delnawaz,CEO, Stubby Strip Australia
Response to the national TV campaign is over 6 times higher than we anticipated. We are experiencing a massive number of hits and our website is going into meltdown. Thanks guys!
- Sterling Mining Co.Monique Hayes,Marketing Manager, Sterling Mining Co.
Love, love, love the film! I passed copies out generously when I was in Toronto last week for broker meetings and at the Chicago conference the week before and I've been getting a lot of very favorable feedback.
- YPB SystemsJohn Houston,Executive Chairman, YPB Systems
We are delighted with the product and your service, and your co-ordination of the Chinese translation for us. We've had a tremendously positive response to the video in London, Beijing and Australia.
- DematicPeter Trotter,General Manager Marketing, Dematic
Billy and the team have an amazing way of exceeding my expectations. They really understand consumer, direct, industrial and B2B marketing. It’s what I need in an agency.
- Goldsearch AustraliaJohn Percival,Chief Executive Officer, Goldsearch Australia
On the day Billy & Shaun's corporate film for Sterling Mining Co. was premiered at this year’s Silver Summit, the share price jumped from a previous base of $3.35 to over $4.20.
- Harper CollinsJim Demetriou,Chief Operating Officer, Harper Collins
Their creative ideas matched our brief beautifully and the results were stunning. Our author experienced a threefold sales increase and is now one of the top ten Australian fiction authors.